LEAGUE FULL SEASON LOCAL RULES (Download PDF Document)
Spring rules are no longer in play... Please see updates below.
Pace of Play remains critical. You must always maintain position with the group in front.
- Please be ready to start 5~10 minutes before your scheduled tee time, so we can start on time.
- If you reach a Par 3 tee, and the next tee is already clear – you are OUT OF POSITION.
- If you reach a Par 4 tee, and the green is already clear – you are OUT OF POSITION.
- If you reach a Par 5 tee, and the fairway is already clear – you are OUT OF POSITION.
- Once you realize you are behind (position, not time) it is the responsibility of ALL 4 PLAYERS to speed up to regain proper spacing.
- Don’t be those guys...
FULL SEASON LOCAL RULES & REMINDERS
- Pace of Play remains critical. You must always maintain position with the group in front.
- Unmarked Penalty Areas – all un-mowed / natural areas within the course are considered penalty areas. If a ball cannot be found in such an area, you may drop at the boundary of the un-marked penalty area with a 1-stroke penalty (using all the play options consistent with a regularly marked penalty area.) Examples of these areas include:
- Between the tee boxes on hole #2
- Left of the cart path on hole #7
- Behind the green on hole #9
- Left of the trees, near the wall on hole #10
- Near the restrooms on holes #11, 12, 13
- Left & right of the green on hole #13
- Stroke & Distance Penalties – any shot with a stroke & distance penalty (O.B.) may be played from the fairway equal distance to where the ball went O.B. with a 2-stroke penalty. If you choose to play a Provisional Ball instead, you must hit this before moving forward.
- Scorecards - following your round, please place your match scorecard in the MBMA folder on the bulletin board next to the drinking fountain. Do not leave it in the pro shop – thanks.
GENERAL MATCH PLAY RULES & REMINDERS
- Rules Questions – in Match Play, if you encounter a situation where you are not sure of the exact ruling, you and your opponents can agree on a resolution and move forward from there. You do not need to stop and ask the pro shop or anybody else for clarification.
- Relief from Elk & Winter Damage or Unnatural Conditions – in Match Play, you and your opponents can agree, either prior to play or during a match, to allow for free relief from ongoing course damage. The 2nd Half Season default is to play the ball ‘down’ – as it lies, without any relief.
Some options for agreement between teams:
- 'Preferred Lies' – players can lift, clean & place in the nearest spot, no closer to the hole, without penalty. This can be limited to own fairway, closely mown areas, or anyplace except a penalty area.
- 'Rolling' – ball is rolled out of damaged area to the nearest spot (without lifting,) without penalty. This can also be limited to own fairway, closely mown areas, or anyplace except a penalty area.
- 'Case By Case' – play everything as it lies, but you can ask for relief if warranted due to unnatural lies.