SUB-PLAY GENERAL OVERVIEW (Download PDF Document)
Expanded for 2023 - the MBMA Sub-Week League is designed to allow Individual/Substitute members a chance to schedule ahead and play every league night. Tee times will be 5:40, and possibly 5:50 depending on interest.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the MBMA Officers by email.
SIGN-UP IS OPEN NOW - Use the GOOGLE SHEET to get on the list for any night through the end of the season.
PLAY DAYS & TIMES
- All play is first-come first-in, based upon tee time availability.
- Players are responsible for their own green fees (twilight rates) and carts if needed. There is no additional entry fee or charge to play.
- Individuals/Subs have priority to play, but all active MBMA members can join.
- Sub-Play tee times will be scheduled ever regular league night beginning during the 2nd week of league play (April 17th in the 2023 season.)
- MBMA will attempt to reserve 1~2 additional tee times each night following regular league play (5:40, 5:50.)
- Individual players or groups can also try to reserve tee times before regular league play (3:40, 3:50 – assuming pace of play is maintained.)
- GOOGLE SHEETSign-up for each night will be through a Google Sheet with dates available at least one month ahead (also depending on tee time availability.)
- Registration will close when all spots are filled or the Sunday evening before play, whichever comes first.
- All unused spots will be returned to the course on the Sunday before play. It might be possible to have non-MBMA players in a group.
- Groups & tee times will be posted on the day of play. Players are not guaranteed a spot in the specific tee time they registered, depending on numbers.
- Once registration is closed, individual players will be responsible for last minute cancellations.
- The regular league No-Show policy & penalties will also apply to Sub-Play tee times.
LEAGUE MATCH SUBSTITUTION
- Players can indicate if they are available for a possible earlier start (during the 4:00~5:30 regular league schedule) by checking a box on the Google Sheet Sign-up.
- If needed a League Captain or Player will contact signed-up members to substitute in the regular league play.
- It is the responsibility of either the League Player or Sub-Play player to notify the course as early as possible.
SCORES & HANDICAPS
- All players should play their regular league tees, and all scores should be recorded.
- League Match and Chicago scorecards will be available in the MBMA box.
- Following play, players should return scorecards to the MBMA box for handicap calculations.
- If desired, players can set up a separate game to play, but all play does include the nightly Closest-to-the-Pin contest. The final group should remember to collect the marker.
- All regular MBMA league & local rules apply.